AUN Program is a full scholarship established by MOE for candidates from ASEAN member countries.
I Supporting Categories, Duration and Instruction Language
1. Supporting Category
This scholarship only supports graduate students.
This scholarship supports master’s students for no more than 3 academic years or doctoral students for no more than 4 academic years. It covers major study and Chinese language study.
3. Instruction Language
Scholarship students can register for either the Chinese-taught program or the English-taught program if applicable. Program Search (By visiting http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org) can help you find the program and university you're interested in.
All applicants are requested to provide their language proficiency certificates for the scholarship applications. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs must provide a valid Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) certificate. Undergraduate or non-degree (general scholar & senior scholar) candidates should have achieved HSK Level III or above; Postgraduate candidates should have achieved HSK Level IV or above. Applicants for English-taught programs should provide valid English Proficiency Test (IELTS or TOFEL) certificates.
II Scholarship Coverage
The AUN Program provides a full scholarship which covers, tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance. Please refer to Introduction to CGS—Coverage and Standard for details of each item.
III Where and When to Apply
Where to Apply
You should apply to the ASEAN University Network (AUN) Secretariat.
When to Apply
You need to apply between apply between nov-jan. Please consult the ASEAN University Network (AUN) Secretariat for the specific deadline of each year.
1. Applicants must be a citizen of an ASEAN member country(Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam), and be in good health.
2. The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
V Application Procedure
Step 1 - Apply to the AUN Secretariat for CGS opportunity.
Step 2 - Apply to your target university for the Pre-admission Letter once recommended by the dispatching authorities as an eligible candidate.
Step 3 - Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for International Students (Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy. Please consult the AUN Secretariat for Instructions of CGS Information Management System for International Students and Agency Number.
Step 4 - Submit all your application documents to the AUN Secretariat before the deadline.
Only applications of recommended candidates from the AUN Secretariat will be considered. No other applications or individual application directly sent to CSC will be considered. Candidates holding the Pre-admission Letter will be placed in the host university; those without the Pre-admission Letter should accept CSC’s placement of university.
VI Application Documents
a) Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English).
b) Copy of Passport Home Page: Applicant shall submit a clear scanned copy of his/her ordinary passport with validity later than March 1, 2022. If the validity of the current passport does not meet the requirement, please apply for a new passport before submitting the application. For applicants who cannot apply for passports before submitting their applications due to objective reasons, with the permission of dispatching authorities, they may submit scanned copy of identity certificates or official documents containing the applicants’ “English name, Gender, Nationality, Date of Birth” and other information.
c) Notarized highest diploma: Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
d) Academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
e) A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English. (A minimum of 200 words for undergraduates, 500 words for non-degree students, and 800 words for postgraduates.)
f) Recommendation letters: Applicants for graduate programs or senior scholar programs must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
g) Applicants for music studies are requested to submit their own works. Applicants for fine arts programs must submit their own works which include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works.
h) Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China.
i) Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form is designed by the Chinese quarantine authority and can be obtained from the dispatching authority. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
j) Non-criminal record report. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application.
Please submit the following documents if applicable
k) Pre-admission Letter from Chinese Government Scholarship universities.
l) Language qualification certificate. e.g., HSK certificates, IELTS or TOFEL report.Reminder: All uploaded supporting documents must be clear, authentic and valid. Applicants are recommended to use professional device to scan the relevant documents. Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by unclear or unidentifiable uploaded materials.
VII Placement & Scholarship Confirmation
1. Application documents of recommended candidates from the AUN Secretariat will be considered by CSC for eligibility and qualification. Ineligible or incomplete applications will not be considered.
2. Qualified applications will be sent to universities for placement. Based on various factors, such as the different scholarship funding requirements of every country, the host university's teaching capacity, study length and applicants’ criteria, CSC reserves the right to make necessary adjustments/changes to the candidate’s host university, field of study, supporting categories and duration of scholarship. Applications enclosed with the Pre-admission Letter will be sent to the universities who issued that Letter for placement confirmation.
3. After placement confirmation by Chinese universities, scholarship recipients will get Chinese government scholarships to study in China with approval by CSC. Each scholarship recipient will be granted with no more than one scholarship.
4. CSC reviews the placement results, approves the List of Scholarship Recipients and sends the admission documents to the AUN Secretariat before July 31st. The AUN Secretariat will send the admission documents (List of Scholarship Recipients and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)) to the scholarship recipients.
5. Scholarship recipients shall not allowed to change their host university, field of study, or duration of study stipulated on the Admission Letter after their coming to China.
6. Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
VIII Contact Information of AUN Secretariat
Naparat Phirawattanakul (Ms.)
Senior Programme Officer
ASEAN University Network (AUN) Secretariat
17 Floor., Chaloem Rajakumari 60 Building, Chulalongkorn University
Phayathai Rd., Bangkok 10330, Thailand
IX Division of International Students Affairs, China Scholarship Council
Address: Division of International Students Affairs, China Scholarship Council
Level 13, Building A3, No.9 Chegongzhuang Avenue, Beijing, P. R. China.