1.Course Description ：
The food science PhD training at Zhejiang Gongshang University will fully implement Chinese government’s education policy, under the guiding ideology of “education oriented to the modernization, to the world and to the future”. Comprehensive training programs are designed and delivered to train students to acquire solid fundamental knowledge and proficient professional skills. Graduates of this program will have the capacity and competence to conduct high level teaching and researches in food science disciplines and to engage R&D researches and management roles in food industry.
1. Qualifications for Application
（1）Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
（2）Education Background Requirements:
-- Applicants for bachelor's degree studies must have high school certificate;
-- Applicants for master's degree studies must have bachelor's degree;
-- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master's degree.
（3）English language proficiency requirements:
Applicants (except for English native speakers) must have TOEFL test or IELTS test or have other English language proficiency.
2. Application Duration
Spring Semester: From October to February;
Autumn Semester: From March to August
3. Required Documents for Application
1) Filled Application form for Degree programs in Zhejiang Gongshang University;
2) Notarized highest education certificate and academic transcripts. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3) TOEFL or IELTS or other English Learning Certificate
5) Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English (master and doctor applicants required).
6) Photocopy of your passport and 2 photos, which size is as the same as in passport
7) Foreigner Physical Examination Report (download)
8) Receipt of application fee of 400 RMB yuan
4. Application Fee
RMB 400 yuan per student (without refund)
Beneficiary: Zhejiang Gongshang University
Name of the Bank: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Hangzhou GaoXin Sub-Branch, Zhejiang Branch 391 Wen Er Road, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, China
Bank Account No.: 1202026209008930682
5. Assessment & Admission
After receiving and examining the application materials, Zhejiang Gongshang University will make an assessment and send you the Admission Notice, JW 202 form and other relevant documents for your visa application if you are accepted. No written examination or interviews will be conducted.
Results of admission will come out in one month generally; Admission Notice will be sent from May, 2015.
Introduction to China
Each PhD candidate must obtain no less than 6 credits from selected courses of his/her subject discipline. The candidate should consult with his/her supervisor(s) about the choices of courses.
4. Duration and Fee
5. Contact Information
Address: Room 517, Admission Office, College of International Education, Zhejiang Gongshang University, 18 Xuezheng Str., Xiasha, Hangzhou, 310018, China
Email: email@example.com (Degree Programs Admission)
Notice: Any adjustments will be updated in time, please pay attention to website of College of International Education, Zhejiang Gongshang University: http://sie.zjgsu.edu.cn/.