Guangdong University of Foreign Studies (GDUFS), created by a merger in 1995 of Guangzhou Institute of Foreign Languages and Guangzhou Institute of Foreign Trade, is a key provincial university and a high-tier one with distinctive features of internationalization in South China. The University offers 61 undergraduate programs in eight disciplines: literature, economics, management, law, engineering, science, and education and art studies.
The University is home to eight national key academic disciplines, sixteen provincial key disciplines, one post-doctoral research station, one Category I discipline PhD program, seven Category II discipline PhD programs, 10 Category I discipline masters programs, 35 Category II discipline masters programs, and five professional masters programs.
The university boasts three campuses with a total area of 153 hectares. It serves 20,013 full-time undergraduate students, 2,751 graduate students and over 11,000 international and continuing-education students.
It is a university…
● Oriented to teaching research and with well-known subjects including finance, trade, business administration and foreign languages
● Known for featuring outstanding foreign language teaching, offering 18 foreign language programs including English, Japanese, Korean, Indonesian-Malay, Vietnamese, Thai, Russian, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Arabic and Portuguese, Hindi, and Laos.
● Boasting a long list of provincial key majors, including International Trade, Business Administration, International Finance, Accounting, Logistics Management, Convention Economy, International Business and more
● Providing all-English programs in the areas of International Business, Chinese Business Culture and in the MBA program
● Leading in the area of graduate employment with a rate of 99% , with its graduates active in all trades and areas of business
● Authorized by the Central Government to conduct China's Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (Chinese language proficiency test), known as HSK..
About the Institute.
The Institute for International Education is responsible for the enrollment, teaching and administration for all international students. Up to now, the institute has received more than 10,000 international students from over 110 countries.
● Flexible program setup with year-round application and aptitude-based teaching (12 levels)
● Competent faculty with relevant international Chinese Language teaching experience
● Business Chinese Programs catering to different needs
● Regular Chinese Corner activities with participation by Chinese students from the 18foreign language programs on campus (English, French, German, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, Indonesian, Malay, Vietnamese, Thai, Laos, Hindi and Arabic)
● Regular tours of local trade centers and international companies in Guangdong province.