Tips for online application
1. The Chinese Government Scholarship Information System is for the applicants of Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS) programs or other scholarship programs under the management of CSC.
2. First-time users should register before starting their online applications.
3. CSC only accepts recommended applications from the dispatching authorities in your country or the Chinese universities under Chinese University Program of CGS. The ‘Agency Number’ can only be obtained from the dispatching authorities or the corresponding universities upon recommendation. An application with incorrect ‘Agency Number’ will not be accepted.
4. ‘Program Category’ and ‘Agency Number’ are mandatory for the online application in CGS Information System. ‘Program Category’ and ‘Agency Number’ are related, which can be defined as follows:
● Program Category Type A generally refers to scholarship programs responsible by authorities other than Chinese universities. Applicants of Type A programs are requested to fill in the ‘Agency Number’ of above mentioned agencies (e.g. Chinese Embassy in your country). Applications of Type A will be reviewed by these agencies.
● Program Category Type B generally refers to scholarship programs responsible by Chinese universities under CGS-Chinese University Program. Applicants of Type B programs are requested to fill in the ‘Agency Number’ of above mentioned universities. Applications of Type B will be reviewed by these universities.
● Program Category Type C generally refers to certain appraisal scholarship programs. Applicants of Type C programs will be informed by CSC of the ‘Agency Number’ in special notices.
The above classifications are for references only. Before starting the online application, applicants should confirm the correct ‘Program Category’ and ‘Agency Number’ from the responsible agencies. Please visit the following link for viewing introductions of various scholarship programs under CSC.
5. Please use Firefox or Internet Explorer (11.0). Menu selection functions may not work in other browsers.
For Internet Explorer, please disable the ‘Compatibility View’. About how to disable ‘Compatibility View’, please visit:https://support.microsoft.com/zh-cn/help/17472/windows-internet-explorer-11-fix-site-display-problems-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11
Only Chinese and English are accepted languages for the online application.
If you have read and comprehended the instruction above, please click “next” for registration. We wish you all the best for your online application and welcome you to study in China!